Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blog-ginity

Blahblahblahblahgblagblagblohgblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblog

You just helped me loose my blog virginity. Thanks. I have to tell you, though, I was very nervous. I didn’t know if it would hurt, or if it would be amazing, if I would cry, or if you would. And now that it’s over, am I finally a woman? I have to say, I feel mostly the same, but somehow different. Like I have a new knowledge. As if I’m immortal, in a way, because this blog will always be here, on the internet, between you and me, even though someday we’ll both be gone.

Now I’m faced with the consequences of this action. What will people say about my blog? I’ve heard that there are those who just sit around and critique blogs all day. The Blogosphere. What’s that? Am I a part of it now? Ohmigod, what if I wasn’t any good? Will word get out in the um, blog-o-sphere? Will I get a reputation? I really should just find my pants and get out of here. Quick! Before word gets out that Lindsey Carter Blogs. What will my mother say?

Look, I’ve had a nice time, but I think I should stick to doing this on stage, at Indicators shows. It’s live and raw and fresh, and to tell you the truth, there is a way better rush. Not that I think that this wasn’t really great, because it was. Don’t you feel bad, or anything. I love new experiences. It’s just…Well, let me put it to you this way. I like it when people watch. I like to watch them watching. It doesn’t matter who it is on stage, either. I just like how the room gets hot and there’s noise and breathing and sweat. It is a little more alive than simply writing a blog. I like interaction. And I like you. Which brings me to the question, if, um, you’ll come sometime to one of our shows. I know what you’re thinking, you are thinking about all you’ve heard about live performances. Well, I’m here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be shameful to see live theatre. It’s a really beautiful thing between an actor and the audience. I am just asking you because I really feel a connection. So what do you say?

-Lindsey

No comments: